Sun, Sep 17|
CHS Judged Pleasure Ride
Our annual JPR will be held at Bull Run Regional Park on Sept 17th this year. It is the 4th ride in the Crystal Crown Series. Registration is now open and closes on September 12th. Volunteer with us! More details below.
Time & Location
Sep 17, 2023, 8:30 AM – 4:00 PM
Centreville, 7700 Bull Run Dr, Centreville, VA 20121, USA
About the event
CLIFTON HORSE SOCIETY-- JUDGED PLEASURE RIDE
September 17, 2023
BULL RUN REGIONAL PARK, Centreville, Virginia
Please join us for the fourth ride in the 2023 Crystal Crown Series
GENERAL RIDE INFORMATION:
· Registration/Cost: The fee for pre-registered entries is $45 for youth ages 17 and under, and $55 for ages 18 and over. CHS Members receive a discount of $10 off their entry fee using code CHS10. To Join CHS (we would love to have you you!!), please visit our website at: Clifton Horse Society. Entry fee includes one lunch for the rider. Due to the popularity of this event, all participants must pre-register. Entries are handled on a first come, first served basis. The ride is limited to 120 riders. Registrants will be notified if placed on a waiting list. Entries must be received no later than September 15th, 2023. Any entry after that date will have to pay a $10 late fee per rider and will be added to the end of the schedule. If you are planning to ride in a group, please submit all entries at the same time or make a note in your entry with the names of your riding group. There are no refunds for "no-shows". Entry fees are non-refundable unless the ride is cancelled.
· Location: This ride will be held at Bull Run Regional Park located at 7700 Bull Run Drive in Centreville, VA. The ride will be approximately eight to ten (8-10) miles long over flat and gently rolling terrain. Trailer parking is ample and portable restrooms are available. Water is not available at the parking site. This ride is next to the Bull Run Gun Range and your horses will hear gun fire briefly on the way out and back to the registration site.
· Check-in: Check in opens at 8:30 a.m. Please plan enough time to arrive, check in at the Ride Secretary Desk, and be ready to go by your assigned start time. Riders not present at Ride Starter's location at their start time will start at the Starter's discretion as time permits. First rider starts at 9:00 a.m., and last rider depends on the number of entrants. For participant safety reasons, please leave dogs at home.
· Start Times: One rider starts every two minutes. Riders may request a specific start time. Start times are accommodated on a first-registered/first served basis. Notification of start times will be sent by email or phone by the Ride Secretary approximately 3 days prior to the ride. Groups may depart together at the start time of the first rider in the group.
· Trail: The trail will be clearly marked. Riders will complete the entire trail ride, unless there are extenuating circumstances (injury, illness, etc.). There is a minimum ride completion time of two hours. Anyone coming in under that time will have up to 10 points deducted from their score.
· Safety/Deportment: Horses known to kick shall have red ribbons in their tails. Non-paying participants will not be allowed to ride along with competitors while JPR riders are on the course. Any act of unsportsmanlike conduct, such as verbal or physical disrespect to judges or event volunteers will result in loss of points on the particular obstacle and/or shall be grounds for immediate disqualification. Any abuse to your horse at any time during this event shall be grounds for immediate disqualification, and the rider shall forfeit all entry fees and prizes. No exceptions will be made. Riders not present at Ride Starter's location at their start time will start at the Starter's discretion as time permits. Junior riders (17 and under) must be accompanied by an adult and must wear an approved hard hat. Approved hard hats are recommended for all riders.
THE EVENT WILL BE HELD RAIN OR SHINE (but may be cancelled if weather is hazardous).
REMINDER: MANURE IN PARKING AND STAGING AREAS MUST BE TAKEN WITH YOU (Please bring your own muck bucket.)
Don't have a horse to ride? Volunteers are critical to the success of the ride. To volunteer to help with the ride, please sign up at the link below. Contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
Ribbons and Awards
Ribbons are awarded for those placing 1st - 6th in each rider age, horse breed, novice, and tenderfoot category. Grand Champion and Reserve Champion ribbons will be awarded for first and second place high scores, respectively. A rider considered Novice status as of the first JPR ride of the current year's JPR competitions is considered a Novice throughout that year's remaining JPR competitions. All scores will be tabulated after the event.
Horse and rider will be judged on trail manners, ability to negotiate 10 obstacles safely, and general knowledge of horsemanship. Riders will have a one-minute time limit to complete each obstacle and minimum of 2 hours to complete the course. Judges’ decisions are final!
It will be possible to substitute either the horse (with Coggins papers) or the rider on the day of the ride due to extenuating circumstances. However, you may not substitute both. No refunds will be provided unless the ride is cancelled by CHS notification to participants. Note: For those competing in the Crystal Crown (CC) Series, the same horse and rider must compete for all CC rides.
Ride Contact and Address
Ride Secretary: CHS Board-- Please email inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Ticket type
Entree for 1 rider over 18
This ticket is good for one horse/rider combination over the age of 18 years and includes lunch.Price$55.00
- Ticket type
Entree for 1 rider under 18
This ticket is good for one horse and rider combination under 18 years old and includes lunch.Price$45.00